COVID-19 Recovery Committee
Statement on committee priorities
The Committee will maintain oversight of Scotland’s ongoing response to COVID-19 through its scrutiny of Scottish Ministers. The Committee will also draw on the experiences of the COVID-19 pandemic to understand and influence how we can deliver an inclusive, ambitious and sustainable recovery.
- Work in a collegiate and inclusive manner that seeks to maximise consensus;
- Listen to a diverse range of people and a wide range of perspectives;
- Maintain a flexible work programme that enables emerging issues to be scrutinised in a responsive way;
- Identify key issues where the Committee can add value, including opportunities to work jointly with other committees to maximise impact, whilst avoiding duplication;
- Make recommendations that are focused on improving long-term outcomes for the population, including children and young people;
- Incorporate human rights and sustainable development principles into our scrutiny approach.
Priorities for non-legislative scrutiny
- The Committee has agreed to prioritise scrutiny of the ongoing public health measures being used to respond to COVID-19, including the vaccination programme, up until the Christmas recess.
- In the new year, the Committee will prioritise its scrutiny on COVID-19 recovery, with a specific focus on health inequalities.
The Committee’s aims, objectives and priorities will be kept under review.