About group visits
Discover more about the history of the Scottish Parliament and learn about the architecture of our award-winning building with a guided group tour.
We can accommodate groups of more than 9 people on our regular guided tours, but please do email us directly to book. We may also offer you an exclusive tour or an introductory talk with a member of the Visitor Services team.
Our guided tours are very popular and we recommend booking in advance. Press 'request tickets' to send an email, or email [email protected].
Plan your visit
If you are visiting the Parliament, there is a code of behaviour that you need to follow.
For all visits, please:
- remember that this is a working Parliamentary building
- obey all instructions from Parliamentary officials
- keep all bags with you or place them in the baggage store or public lockers
- do not smoke in the building
- do not eat or drink, except in the restaurants
- return your “Visitor” lanyard and pass, when leaving
- collect any items retained by Security as you go out
- note that the display of banners, flags or political slogans, including on clothing and accessories, is forbidden
For visits to see parliamentary business, please:
- enter, sit in and leave the galleries quietly
- switch any mobile devices to silent
- do not cause a distraction or disrupt parliamentary business – for example, telephone calls must not be taken or made
- do not applaud or shout out during meetings
- do not take photos, videos or make any form of recording during parliamentary business
- obtain prior permission to paint, sketch or draw
- remain seated throughout the whole 45-minute session, if your ticket is for First Minister’s Question Time
- only use social media discreetly and in complete silence
Days and times
Monday and Saturday:
Monday to Friday
You can also explore the Parliament on your own and visit our permanent exhibition, any time the building is open.
Monday OR Friday
Not part of a tour group? Individuals can book up to 9 tickets to join one of our scheduled guided tours. Find them here.