About group visits
Discover more about the history of the Scottish Parliament and learn about the architecture of our award-winning building with a guided group tour.
We can accommodate groups of more than 9 people on our regular guided tours, but please do email us directly to book. We may also offer you an exclusive tour or an introductory talk with a member of the Visitor Services team.
Our guided tours are very popular and we recommend booking in advance. Press 'request tickets' to send an email, or email [email protected].
Plan your visit
If you are visiting the Parliament, there is a code of behaviour that you need to follow.
For all visits, please:
- remember that this is a working Parliamentary building
- obey all instructions from Parliamentary officials
- keep all bags with you or place them in the baggage store or public lockers
- do not smoke in the building
- do not eat or drink, except in the restaurants
- return your “Visitor” lanyard and pass, when leaving
- collect any items retained by Security as you go out
- note that the display of banners, flags or political slogans, including on clothing and accessories, is forbidden
For visits to see parliamentary business, please:
- enter, sit in and leave the galleries quietly
- switch any mobile devices to silent
- do not cause a distraction or disrupt parliamentary business – for example, telephone calls must not be taken or made
- do not applaud or shout out during meetings
- do not take photos, videos or make any form of recording during parliamentary business
- obtain prior permission to paint, sketch or draw
- remain seated throughout the whole 45-minute session, if your ticket is for First Minister’s Question Time
- only use social media discreetly and in complete silence
Days and times
Monday, Friday, Saturday:
Monday to Saturday
You can also explore the Parliament on your own and visit our permanent exhibition, any time the building is open.
Monday to Saturday during recess
Not part of a tour group? Individuals can book up to 9 tickets to join one of our scheduled guided tours. Find them here.