Sit in on a committee meeting and watch it taking place
Committee meetings usually take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in the morning, when parliament is sitting.
These are smaller meetings of around 5 to 15 MSPs. They are usually open to the public but can sometimes be taken in private.
If the committee is meeting in public, you can request a ticket. You can come and go at any time during the meeting. You can book a maximum of 5 tickets up to 1 week in advance.
The building will be closed for recess from 11-19 February 2023.
Plan your visit
- Hearing loops are installed in the committee rooms. This connects to hearing aids which have a 'T-Switch'
- Wheelchairs are available and committee rooms are accessible for wheelchair users, with spaces reserved for wheelchair users in the public seating area in each committee room
- If you need a British Sign Language interpreter or other support, please contact us with as much notice as possible
If you are visiting the Parliament, there is a code of behaviour that you need to follow.
For all visits, please:
- remember that this is a working Parliamentary building
- obey all instructions from Parliamentary officials
- keep all bags with you or place them in the baggage store or public lockers
- do not smoke in the building
- do not eat or drink, except in the restaurants
- return your “Visitor” lanyard and pass, when leaving
- collect any items retained by Security as you go out
- note that the display of banners, flags or political slogans, including on clothing and accessories, is forbidden
For visits to see parliamentary business, please:
- enter, sit in and leave the galleries quietly
- switch any mobile devices to silent
- do not cause a distraction or disrupt parliamentary business – for example, telephone calls must not be taken or made
- do not applaud or shout out during meetings
- do not take photos, videos or make any form of recording during parliamentary business
- obtain prior permission to paint, sketch or draw
- remain seated throughout the whole 45-minute session, if your ticket is for First Minister’s Question Time
- only use social media discreetly and in complete silence
Edinburgh, EH99 1SP
Days and times
Tuesday to Thursday