Equalities, Human Rights and Civil Justice Committee
The Committee was established in June 2021. It focuses on:
- equal opportunities matters
- human rights matters
- civil justice matters including debt, evictions and family law
Meeting details are not yet available. They will be published here in due course.
Get in touch
If you want to get in touch, you can contact the Clerk for the committee.
Address: The Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, EH99 1SP
Email: [email protected]
If you're appearing as a witness at a committee, take a look at our witness guide for more information.
Members of the Equalities, Human Rights and Civil Justice Committee
Party: Scottish National Party
MSP for: Banffshire and Buchan Coast (Constituency)
Party: Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party
MSP for: Ettrick, Roxburgh and Berwickshire (Constituency)
Letter from The Rt Hon Alister Jack MP, Secretary of State for Scotland to the Convener of the Equalities, Human Rights and Civil Justice Committee, 30 January 2023
Letter from the Convener of the Constitution, Europe and External Affairs Committee, 30 January 2023
Letter from the Convener of the Equalities, Human Rights and Civil Justice Committee to the Rt Hon Alister Jack MP, Secretary of State for Scotland, 25 January 2023
Decision on Taking Business in Private, Subordinate Legislation, Budget Scrutiny 2023-24
Decision on Taking Business in Private, Budget Scrutiny 2023-24
A Stage 1 report from the Equalities, Human Rights and Civil Justice Committee on the Gender Recognition Reform (Scotland) Act.
To consider and report on the following (and any additional matter added under Rule 6.1.5A)—
- matters relating to equal opportunities and upon the observance of equal opportunities within the Parliament
- human rights, including Convention rights (within the meaning of section 1 of the Human Rights Act 1998) and other human rights contained in any international convention, treaty or other international instrument ratified by the United Kingdom
- matters relating to civil justice within the responsibility of the Cabinet Secretary for Justice and Veterans