That the Parliament celebrates the 50th anniversary of St Peter’s Episcopal Church, on Townsend Place in Kirkcaldy; notes that the current church building was consecrated in 1976, although the congregation has been part of the Lang Toun for over 200 years; understands that St Peter’s is part of the Scottish Episcopal Church and a member of the worldwide Anglican Communion; further understands that it is a Eucharistic community, gathering each Sunday to share in the sacrament of Holy Communion; recognises the church’s long and significant history in Kirkcaldy, tracing its roots to 1812 and its association with prominent local families, including the Oswalds of Dunnikier, and that one of its earliest recorded baptisms was that of a son of the Earl of Elgin; welcomes the church’s celebration of its golden jubilee with invited guests from local organisations, and congratulates the congregation on the unveiling of a newly commissioned stained glass window, dedicated by the Bishop of St Andrews, the Right Reverend Ian Paton.
Supported by: Heather Anderson, Colin Beattie, Miles Briggs, Bob Doris, Stuart McMillan, Paul Sweeney