Local Government, Housing and Planning Committee
Share your views on the National Planning Framework
We want to hear your views on how space, land and environments in Scotland should be designed and planned.
The Scottish Government has published its fourth National Planning Framework (NPF4). It sets out how places and environments will be planned and designed in the years to come.
What the Parliament is Doing
Parliament has 120 days to report on the framework. The Local Government, Housing and Planning Committee has proposed joint scrutiny. This will allow several committees to share their knowledge of:
- climate change
- rural affairs
- the economy
The Committee wrote to the following committees proposing collaborative scrutiny:
- Net Zero, Energy and Transport Committee
- Rural Affairs, Islands and Natural Environment Committee
- Economy and Fair Work Committee
- Health, Social Care and Sport Committee
The Committee wrote to the following committees informing them of its upcoming inquiry:
- Social Justice and Social Security Committee
- Public Audit Committee
- Finance and Public Administration Committee
2 November 2021
The Committee considered its approach to the inquiry at its meeting.
The Committee considered its approach to the inquiry at its meeting
The Committee will take evidence on the NPF4 in early 2022.
Now the Committee want to your views on these plans.
They want to know:
- what does your ideal home look like and what surrounds it?
- how can we design our environments to address climate change?
- how do you use space to stay healthy and well?
- how can planning encourage people to live in rural areas?
- how can land and spaces best promote equality?
- how can we use land and spaces to meet biodiversity targets?
- They want to know your priorities for your environment and whether the NPF4 will deliver this.
The deadline is Monday 10 January 2022.
Tell us what would make the place you live the BEST PLACE #bestplace
We want to hear your views on how the spaces where we live and work in Scotland should be designed and planned. We want to know—
- What does your best home look like and what surrounds it?
- How can we design our environments to address climate change?
- How do you use space to stay healthy and well?
- What would make it easier to live in rural areas?
- How can our places promote equality?
- How can we improve biodiversity targets?
We want to know your priorities for your local area and beyond!
Send us your ideas
You can write, draw, computer generate or film a short clip of your vision for your best place.
We will then look at whether the plans the Scottish Government have suggested for using space in Scotland match your priorities.
We will also include your priorities in our report to the Scottish Government.
For information on how the committee will treat items sent to it, please read our privacy notice.