About the Scottish Parliament
The Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body (SPCB) supports independent officeholders. An officeholder is a person who has been appointed to a public position.
There are currently 7 officeholders:
- Commissioner for Ethical Standards in Public Life in Scotland
- Scottish Biometrics Commissioner
- Scottish Commissioner for Children and Young People
- Scottish Human Rights Commission
- Scottish Information Commissioner
- Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
- Standards Commission for Scotland
Their terms and conditions of appointment and annual budget are set by the SPCB.