Code of Conduct for MSPs
The Code of Conduct provides a set of principles and standards for Members of the Scottish Parliament.
- Section 1: Registration of interests
- Section 2: Categories of registrable interest
- Section 3: Declaration of interests
- Section 4: Paid advocacy
- Section 5: Lobbying and access to MSPs
- Section 6: Cross-Party Groups
- Section 7: General conduct of MSPs
- Section 8: Engaging with constituents
- Section 9: Enforcement of the rules
- Further information
- Previous versions of the Code of Conduct
Previous versions of the Code of Conduct
When changes are made the Code of Conduct, this is referred to as a Revision. The Revisions are numbered in the order in which they are issued (1st Revision, 2nd Revision, etc.).
This page lists the:
- 8th Edition of the Code of Conduct
- each Revision made to the 8th Edition of the Standing Orders
- the dates the Revisions took effect
Each Revision includes the complete text of every Chapter.
If you wish a copy of the Standing Orders from a previous session please contact the Standards Clerks, [email protected].