- How to apply for media accreditation
- ID requirements for media day-pass
- Media policy for reporting of parliamentary business
- Code of Conduct for members of media
- Use of social media in the Chamber
- Contact the Media Relations Office
Use of social media in the Chamber
Tweeting and messaging in Media Gallery: rules for the media
Accredited members of the media may send tweets or electronic text messages from the Media Gallery in the Scottish Parliament provided they observe the following rules which have been agreed between the Presiding Officer and the Scottish Parliamentary Journalists’ Association.
- Any tweeting or messaging must be done discreetly and in complete silence.
- Nothing should be done which causes a distraction or disrupts Parliamentary business.
- The dignity of parliamentary proceedings must in no way be compromised.
- Nothing should be done which distracts other media members from listening to debates.