Our Strategic Plan
The Parliament’s fundamental purpose is to represent the people of Scotland by:
- debating the issues that matter to people
- passing laws
- holding the Scottish Government to account.
Our strategic vision is to Make a positive difference to the lives of the people of Scotland.
Our strategy sets out how the Parliamentary Service (staff) will work to support the Parliament in the successful delivery of its vision and purpose, and make the Parliament the best it can be.
We must continue to adapt and change to improve how we deliver the services that our Members and the people of Scotland need. This includes:
- transforming the way we work in a post pandemic world
- playing our part in responding to the climate emergency
- respond to the changing ways the public wishes to engage with politics, politicians and the Parliament.
The Strategic Plan sets out what we do. But we don’t focus simply on what we do; we also take pride in how we do it.
Our core values of Stewardship, Inclusiveness, Excellence and Respect complement the strategy. Together they help to provide clarity about our common purpose and priorities.