About the tour
Explore the Scottish Parliament and discover more about our history, work and procedures.
On a guided tour, you can see the inner workings of the Parliament and learn about the architecture of our award-winning building.
The tour is suitable for visitors of all ages and free to attend. Our guided tours are very popular so we recommend booking in advance.
Once you press the 'Book Tickets' button, you will complete your booking on the Eventbrite website.
Book your guided tour today, and you'll receive a discount code to use on our online shop. Plus, you'll also get a voucher to use at the café!
Are you a group of 10 or more? If so please see our group visit page.
Plan your visit
For opening times, parking information and more, go to our plan your visit page.
Don't forget to stop at our shop and café during your visit!
If you are visiting the Parliament, there is a code of behaviour that you need to follow.
For all visits, please:
- remember that this is a working Parliamentary building
- obey all instructions from Parliamentary officials
- keep all bags with you or place them in the baggage store or public lockers
- do not smoke in the building
- do not eat or drink, except in the restaurants
- return your “Visitor” lanyard and pass, when leaving
- collect any items retained by Security as you go out
- note that the display of banners, flags or political slogans, including on clothing and accessories, is forbidden
For visits to see parliamentary business, please:
- enter, sit in and leave the galleries quietly
- switch any mobile devices to silent
- do not cause a distraction or disrupt parliamentary business – for example, telephone calls must not be taken or made
- do not applaud or shout out during meetings
- do not take photos, videos or make any form of recording during parliamentary business
- obtain prior permission to paint, sketch or draw
- remain seated throughout the whole 45-minute session, if your ticket is for First Minister’s Question Time
- only use social media discreetly and in complete silence
The tour route is accessible by wheelchair, and we have wheelchairs available to borrow.
There is a portable hearing loop available for use during guided tours. This connects to hearing aids which have a 'T-Switch'.
Days and times
Monday, Friday and Saturday:
Monday to Saturday
Don't have time to do a tour? Our 10 minute talks are a good alternative, and run throughout the day.
Monday to Saturday
You can also explore the Parliament on your own and visit our permanent exhibition, any time the building is open.