Skip to main content

Language: English / GĂ idhlig


Chamber and committees

Question reference: S6W-16360

  • Asked by: Fulton MacGregor, MSP for Coatbridge and Chryston, Scottish National Party
  • Date lodged: 28 March 2023
  • Current status: Answered by Michael Matheson on 20 April 2023


To ask the Scottish Government what support is in place for people diagnosed with postural tachycardia syndrome (PoTS).


The Scottish Government expects NHS Boards to provide high quality, person-centred care and support for all people, including those with postural tachycardia syndrome (PoTS). Support is often provided via primary care, with specialist referral if necessary to rule out other causes of symptoms.

PoTS UK is a charity which provides information about managing and living with PoTS. This includes information and advice on self-management, mental health support and medication guidance. Their full resources can be found here: Managing PoTS - PoTS UK . Additionally, STARS (the Heart Rhythm Alliance) provide information on PoTS and resources for patients, which can be found here: Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (PoTS) – STARS – UK (