Learn about committees
What are the roles in a committee?
- chairs committee meetings
- speaks on behalf of the committee
- agrees agendas for committee meetings
The Deputy Convener
The deputy convener takes on the convener’s responsibilities when they're not available.
All committee members, including the convener and deputy convener:
- help decide on the committee's work programme
- ask witnesses (members of the public, organisations, or experts) questions in committee meetings
- contribute to and agree committee reports and other documents