Motions, Questions and Answers Search


Motions, Questions and Answers Search Help


To ask the Scottish Government, further to the answer to question S4W-25965 by Michael Matheson on 17 June 2015, on which islands and in which remote rural areas (a) it considers that there is a problem of availability of JPs to undertake affidavit administration and (b) there is a resident notary public.

Answered by Michael Matheson (15/07/2015):

A current list of the JP Courts can be found at:

Members of the public are asked to make an appointment through the administration office for a JP court where signing can be arranged.

It is for a solicitor (who may be a notary public) to decide where to set up in private practice. The majority of solicitors are notary publics. I attach a note provided by the Law Society of Scotland showing the number of notary publics by area throughout Scotland. The Law Society’s website provides a link to the EU find-a-notary website

Current Status: Answered by Michael Matheson on 15/07/2015
This website is using cookies.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website.