Skip to main content

Language: English / GĂ idhlig


Members of the Scottish Parliament (MSPs)

About Members of the Scottish Parliament (MSPs)


Contacting someone else who represents you about your issue

As well as your MSPs, you also have people representing you in:
  • your local council - these are councillors
  • UK Parliament - these are Members of Parliament (MPs)


You're represented by 3 or 4 councillors and you can contact any of them for help.

Contact a councillor if you want to discuss services in your local area. These include local public transport, rubbish collection or disputes with your neighbours.

Your councillor can offer help with:

  • education services, for example getting your child into a school
  • registering to vote
  • parks and leisure services
  • planning decisions and licences
  • social care services
  • waste and recycling

Find your local councillor on the website.

Members of Parliament (MP)

You're represented by 1 MP in the UK Parliament.

Contact your MP if you want help with something related to the following issues:

  • defence
  • employment
  • immigration and visas
  • international development
  • trade and Industry

You can also contact your MP about issues related to social security and tax that are not covered by the Scottish Parliament.

Find your MP on the UK Parliament website.

When contacting someone else who represents you

Please include:

  • your postcode, along with the rest of your contact details
  • a brief description of the problem
  • suggestions on what can be done to sort out the problem or issue if you have any