Election 2021

The Scottish Parliament is in recess ahead of the election on 6 May.

Because of Covid-19, there are some changes to how the Parliament prepares for the election.

Find out more in our Election 2021 pages

Skip to main content

Language: English / GĂ idhlig


Chamber and committees

Question ref. S5W-35190
Asked by: Donald Cameron, Highlands and Islands, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party
Date lodged: 12 February 2021


To ask the Scottish Government whether third sector staff who are not registered with the Care Inspectorate but who are contracted by NHS boards and health and social care partnerships to provide care and support to clients will receive the £500 payment for health and social care staff.

Current status: Answered by Jeane Freeman on 19 March 2021


We are hugely grateful to the efforts over recent months of the many key workers in different sectors across Scotland as they have risen to the challenge of responding to the pandemic. In order to be eligible for the £500 payment, social care providers must be registered with the Care Inspectorate. We are currently working with stakeholders for services which are not registered with Care Inspectorate, to determine what, if anything, can be done in this instance. There are complex logistical and practical issues to work through to establish eligibility for staff who work for these organisations.