Question reference: S6W-11290
- Asked by: Sharon Dowey, MSP for South Scotland, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party
- Date lodged: 4 October 2022
Current status: Answered by Jenny Gilruth on 31 October 2022
To ask the Scottish Government what upgrades to the A77, excluding maintenance works, are planned for 2023.
Since 2007, the Scottish Government has invested approximately £64 million on five separate road schemes on the A77 including the recent completion of the £29m Maybole bypass which opened in January 2022.
The Scottish Government continues to invest in the A77 and its safe and efficient operation with the following minor improvement schemes planned for construction in 2023:
- Layby improvements;
- Glengall (slope stability works);
- A77 Whitletts (studs, lighting and signals);
- A77 Dutch House Roundabout and general road Improvements; and
- A77 Cairnryan drainage improvements.