Skip to main content

Language: English / GĂ idhlig


Chamber and committees

Question reference: S6W-23314

  • Asked by: Alex Cole-Hamilton, MSP for Edinburgh Western, Scottish Liberal Democrats
  • Date lodged: 28 November 2023
  • Current status: Answered by Shirley-Anne Somerville on 13 December 2023


To ask the Scottish Government whether it will create a reinforced autoclaved aerated concrete register, covering the Scottish Government estate and public bodies, similar to the one reportedly being looked at by the UK Government.


The Scottish Government currently has no plans to introduce a RAAC Register in Scotland. We expect building owners to communicate risks associated with RAAC in their buildings to the public, service users and employees, this includes the Scottish Government. The UK Government do not have a RAAC register.