Skip to main content

Language: English / GĂ idhlig


Chamber and committees

Question reference: S6W-23291

  • Asked by: Maurice Golden, MSP for North East Scotland, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Date lodged: 28 November 2023
  • Current status: Answered by Mairi McAllan on 11 December 2023


To ask the Scottish Government what provision it is making for targeted multi-year funding for local authorities to introduce, upgrade and maintain flood resilience measures.


Since 2008 the Scottish Government has made available capital funding of £42 million per year to enable local authorities to invest in flood protection measures. Currently 80% of the available £42 million is allocated to prioritised flood schemes and the other 20% is allocated between all 32 councils to introduce, upgrade and maintain other flood resilience measures set out in Local Flood Risk Management Plans.

The 2020 Programme for Government committed an additional £150 million over the course of this Parliament for flood risk management actions, which is being allocated on an annual basis to support the delivery of flood resilience actions.