Skip to main content

Language: English / GĂ idhlig


Chamber and committees

Question reference: S6W-16025

  • Asked by: Mark Griffin, MSP for Central Scotland, Scottish Labour
  • Date lodged: 20 March 2023
  • Current status: Answered by Tom Arthur on 13 April 2023


To ask the Scottish Government which (a) property registers held by Registers of Scotland and (b) other publicly available property registers for which it is responsible, use Unique Property Reference Numbers, and what information it has on whether the same of similar Unique Property Reference Numbers are used in the Scottish Energy Performance Certificate Register.


This is a question for the Keeper of the Registers of Scotland (RoS). She advises me that Unique Property Reference Numbers (UPRNs) are used in the following land and property registers held by RoS:

  • Land Register
  • Scottish Landlord Register
  • Register of Persons Holding a Controlled Interest in Land

The Scottish Energy Performance Certificate Register uses the same UPRN identifiers.