Our diverse workforce brings a range of experiences and views, which help us work better.
We know that to have a diverse workforce we need to create a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique role.
We have 6 diversity networks which provide support to people from diverse groups. Staff can join any network.
The networks are a good way to:
- connect with people from all over the Parliament
- build contacts
- share experiences
- arrange events
Our networks are:
- BAME network – offers support, advice and social connection to colleagues from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds
- Mental Health network – which aims to make talking about mental health easier
- SPOut LGBT+ network – develops awareness and understanding of the experiences and challenges of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender colleagues
- YP @ SP – supports young staff members and people who work with young staff members
- Women's network – an inclusive network run by women, for everyone
- ParliAble network – supports disabled people