The Scottish Government will make the following payments for those with chronic hepatitis c (HCV) who have submitted an application to the Scottish Infected Blood Support Scheme (SIBSS):
- £18,900 per year for those who have self-assessed as severely affected by HCV
- £6,300 per year for those who have self-assessed as moderately affected by HCV
- £1,000 per year for those who have self-assessed that HCV does not have a noticeable day to day impact on their life
For those widows, widowers, civil partners or other long-term partners of deceased beneficiaries who had chronic HCV, they will receive annual payments at 75% of the level above:
- £14,175 per year for those who have self-assessed that their spouse or partner was severely affected by HCV
- £4,725 per year for those who have self-assessed that their spouse or partner was moderately affected by HCV
In addition, those widows, widowers or partners of those who had chronic HCV who did not receive the £30,000 additional lump sum paid to living beneficiaries with chronic HCV will now also receive this one-off lump sum payment.