Recess is a period when the Parliament is not sitting.
The Parliament has agreed the following parliamentary recess dates in 2019:
- 9 to 17 February 2019 (inclusive)
- 6 to 21 April 2019 (inclusive)
- 30 June to 1 September 2019 (inclusive)
- 12 to 27 October 2019 (inclusive)
- 21 December 2019 to 5 January 2020 (inclusive)
Office of the Clerk dates
When the Office of the Clerk is open, these days are defined as ‘counting days’.
Motions, amendments and questions may be lodged and Bills introduced on days when the Office of the Clerk is open.
Find out more