Recess is a period when the Parliament is not sitting.
The Parliament has agreed the following parliamentary recess dates in 2020:
- 8 to 16 February 2020 (inclusive)
- 4 to 19 April 2020 (inclusive)
- 27 June to 30 August 2020 (inclusive)
- 10 to 25 October 2020 (inclusive)
- 24 December 2020 to 8 January 2021 (inclusive)
Office of the Clerk dates
When the Office of the Clerk is open, these days are defined as ‘counting days’.
Motions, amendments and questions may be lodged and Bills introduced on days when the Office of the Clerk is open.
Find out more