About the Inquiry
On 7 March 2019, the Committee received a joint letter from GMB Scotland and Unite the Union regarding the future of BiFab.
On 23 April 2019, the Committee held an evidence session on BiFab, the offshore wind sector and Scottish supply chain. The Committee took evidence from:
- Andrew Jamieson, Chief Executive, ORE Catapult
- Nick Sharpe, Director of Communications, Scottish Renewables
- Audrey MacIver, Director of Energy and Low Carbon, Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Andy McDonald, Director of Energy and Low Carbon Technology, Scottish Enterprise
- Peter Welsh, Head of Campaigns, Communications and Policy, GMB Scotland
- Pat Rafferty, Regional Secretary, Unite Scotland
- Bill Elkington, Director, BiFab and Chairman, The JV Driver Group
- Sean Power, Director, BiFab and VP Business Development, DF Barnes
The official report for the meeting is available here:
On 23 April, the Committee received a letter from Tony Mackay, Professor of Energy Economics.
Following the Committee's evidence session on 24 April, the Committee wrote to the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Economy and Fair Work and the Minister of State for Energy and Clean Growth on 26 March 2019.
The Committee wrote to the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Economy and Fair Work on 30 April 2019. The Cabinet Secretary responded on 1 May 2019.
On 16 May 2019 the Cabinet Secretary wrote to the Committee regarding the Offshore Wind Summit held on 2 May 2019.