2nd Meeting, Thursday 16 January 2020
1. Article 50 Inquiry - the Northern Ireland Protocol: The Committee will take evidence from—
- Professor David Phinnemore, Professor of European Politics, Queen's University Belfast;
- Mairi Spowage, Deputy Director, Fraser of Allander Institute;
- Aodhán Connolly, Director, Northern Ireland Retail Consortium.
2. Consideration of evidence (in private): The Committee will consider the evidence heard earlier in the meeting.
3. Work programme (in private): The Committee will consider its work programme.
Official Report of meeting 16 January 2020
1st Meeting, Thursday 09 January 2020
1. National Records of Scotland – Census Order: The Committee will take evidence from—
- Pete Whitehouse, Director of Statistical Services, National Records of Scotland;
- Scott Matheson, Senior Principal Legal Officer, Scottish Government;
- Scott McEwen, Head of Policy and Legislation, Scotland's Census 2021, and
- Jill Morton, Senior Business Lead, Questions and Collection Instruments, National Records of Scotland.
2. Scottish Government Reports: The Committee will consider a bi-annual report from the Scottish Government in relation to a range of EU issues.
3. Consideration of evidence heard (in private): The Committee will consider the evidence heard earlier in the meeting.
Meeting papers of meeting 9 January 2020 (9398KB pdf)
Official Report of Meeting 9 January 2020
On 6 September 2018, the European and External Relations Committee's name and remit was amended to the Culture, Tourism, Europe and External Affairs Committee.