Purpose of the group
The purpose of the group is:
- To raise awareness of the issues faced by people living with IBD and the impact of the condition on their lives among parliamentarians.
- To raise awareness of the high incidence of IBD in Scotland and the increasing incidence of childhood IBD
- To promote and monitor implementation of the National Blueprint for Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Scotland
- To be a stimulus to galvanise support from local and national policymakers
- To act as a conduit for sharing and dissemination of best practice.
2 October 2019 at 6pm in the James Clerk Maxwell Room (CR4)
Next meeting: 22 May 2019
This meeting will be held at 6pm in the Committee Room 5.
Non MSP Individuals
Dr Ian Arnott (Deputy Convener)
Dr Daniel Gaya
Dr Richard Russell
Dr Graham Naismith
Dr Jonathan MacDonald
Prof David Wilson
Prof Angus Watson
Dr Dagmar Kastner-Cole
Dr Philip Gaskell
Crohn’s and Colitis UK - secretary
Scottish Society of Gastroenterology
Royal College of Nurses (IBD Nurses Network Scotland)
Crohn’s in Childhood Research Association (CICRA)
Scottish Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (SSPGHAN)
Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE)
Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI)
Cross Party Groups and GDPR
Please note that some Cross-Party Groups have external organisations that provide secretariat support to the Group. These organisations manage your information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements. The links to the privacy policies, of the organisations that have proved them to the Scottish Parliament are available on our website.