The participants in the 2018/19 programme have, so far, met up to decide on their topic for the year. They have decided on the following:
To explore the relationship young women have with sport and physical activity, with particular regard to issues that might prevent participation.
Terms of reference:
- To explore socio-economic, protected characteristics, intersectionality
- To look at provision in schools and how that influences attitude
- To look at societal pressures and external influences
- To find and share examples of good practice
| Amy Leishman
|Hannah Lorne Gray
||Elizabeth Chao-Ying Rao
|| Beccie White
- Hayley Forrester – Project Lead
- Rachel Edwards – Clerk to Young Women Lead Committee
- Damon Davies/Anne Jepson – Resourcer
- Gillian Baxendine – Senior Management Support
- Linda Peters – Media Relations Officer
- Alanis Mcquillen/Sameerah Ali – Administrator
- Stuart Buchanan – Social Media and Webpage
- Audrey Barnes Programme – Co-ordinator
- Beth Cloughton – Programme Intern
Important dates 2019
The programme of events is as follows:
- Meeting 1 – Friday 22nd February
- Meeting 2 – Friday 26th April
- Meeting 3 – Friday 31st May
- Report launch and graduation – Thursday 20th June
The meetings are all in public from 11:00-13:00 – details for the launch/graduation still TBC.
Follow Scottish Parliament on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep up with the latest on the Young Women Lead programme.
You can also follow the hashtags #youngwomenlead and #scotwomenrise on those platforms.
On Instagram, @YoungWomenScot will be adding to their ongoing Insta-Story about the programme.