The Scottish Parliament building will be closed to the public during February Recess, from Saturday 9th to Saturday 16th February, inclusive.
The Scottish Parliament is usually open to visitors Monday to Saturday. The exceptions are the Christmas period and February recess when the building will be closed to the public.
Monday to Saturday
10.00 to 5.00 (last entry 4.30)
The building is open earlier and later when Parliament is sitting.
The Parliament has agreed the following parliamentary recess dates in 2018:
- 10 to 18 February 2018 (inclusive)
- 31 March to 15 April 2018 (inclusive)
- 30 June to 2 September 2018 (inclusive)
- 6 to 21 October 2018 (inclusive)
- 22 December 2018 to 6 January 2019 (inclusive)
The Parliament has agreed the following parliamentary recess dates in 2019:
- 9 to 17 February 2019 (inclusive)
- 6 to 21 April 2019 (inclusive)
- 30 June to 1 September 2019 (inclusive)
- 12 to 27 October 2019 (inclusive)
- 21 December 2019 to 5 January 2020 (inclusive)
- Exclusive gifts
- Official Scottish Parliament Tartan
- Scottish crafts
- Informal Café atmosphere
- Accessible facilities
Alterations to Opening Times
Opening hours, guided tours, availability of exhibitions and access to certain parts of the building may be altered at short notice due to Parliamentary business.