Cancellation of Scottish Parliament sessions
In light of the closure of schools due to the
Covid-19 Coronavirus outbreak, our programme of education visits has been
suspended for the remainder of the 2019/20 academic term.
We will not be opening bookings for academic
year 2020/21 until further notice. We will set a date for bookings from
September onwards when there is clarity over when schools will restart.
Please check back here, follow our Twitter and/or our newsletter where
revised dates will be posted in due course. You can sign up to the newsletter here
In the meantime, please use our online resources - browse around our site to see what you can use in terms of PDFs and online games.
· Watch live and archived committee and chamber business at
Please keep in touch, regular updates will be
posted on our website and social media channels.
The Education team at the Scottish Parliament
Find out how your school, college or other educational group can visit the Parliament, and how our Outreach team can visit you.
- For September to December 2020, bookings open date to be confirmed
- Most suitable for Primary 5 and above
- Exceptions are possible where a school teaches the Scottish Parliament topic within a different year group.
- For small schools with broadly mixed age-group composite classes, sessions from P4 upwards can be run by our Outreach team.
- One visit per class per academic year – either you visit the Parliament OR the Parliament visits you (not both). You may book different services for different classes in the same school.
- All of our education programmes are free of charge
Find out about bringing your class to the Parliament building in Edinburgh to take part in our varied education programme
We can visit your school to provide learning experiences about the Scottish Parliament.
Explore the education resources available focussing on events and exhibitions taking place at the Parliament.