As part of our continued drive to reduce the use of disposables, we are promoting the following;
· Using the Garden Level Restaurant? Consider sitting in and using crockery and cutlery rather than takeaway items
· Having a coffee at Aspretto in the Garden Lobby? Bring your own cup for double stamps all week, 23-27thApril
· Reusable plastic cups will be left at the water coolers – help yourself and remember to bring them back!
· Find out which plastics can be recycled on Thursday 26th April 12-2pm at the entrance to the restaurant. Our waste contractor Changeworks will be here to explain what can and cannot be recycled. They will also be running competitions where you will have an opportunity to win reusable plastic prizes.
· Do you receive magazines and journals? Why not sign up to receive electronic versions as the plastic wrapping that these are delivered in cannot be recycled.
· Come and see the winning entry and runners up in the ‘Design a Bag ‘ competition at the Parliament shop. The Royal Mile Primary schools Eco team designed a reusable bag featuring the Parliament and the winning entry will be made into a bag which will be sold in the shop in the coming weeks.