Evidence session on 10 December
Themes for discussion
The following themes formed the basis of the Committee’s discussion:
- The benefits, for pupils and others, of outdoor learning;
- The extent to which all schools across Scotland are consistently implementing outdoor learning approaches and realising associated benefits;
- How any barriers to increasing and improving the provision of outdoor learning are being addressed;
- How Curriculum for Excellence will affect the provision of outdoor learning;
- Whether current levels of resource for outdoor learning are adequate.
- Progress being made by Education Scotland on the Learning for Sustainability recommendations.
The following witnesses gave evidence on 10 December:
In addition to the submissions received from the witnesses, the following submissions were also received:
The Committee wrote to the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning on the main issues arising from the evidence session on outdoor learning on 10 December: