SP Paper 155
8th Report, 2012 (Session 4)
Remit and membership
To consider and report on health policy, the NHS in Scotland, anti poverty measures, equalities, sport and other matters falling within the responsibility of the Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Cities Strategy apart from those covered by the remit of the Economy, Energy and Tourism Committee.
Bob Doris (Deputy Convener)
Duncan McNeil (Convener)
Dr Richard Simpson
Committee Clerking Team:
Clerk to the Committee
Senior Assistant Clerk
The Committee reports to the Parliament as follows—
1. The Mental Health (Safety and Security) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2012 were laid before the Parliament on 16 May 2012. The instrument is subject to the affirmative procedure.
2. The purpose of the Regulations is to amend the Mental Health (Safety and Security) (Scotland) Regulations 2005 to add the Medium Secure Service, Rohallion Clinic, Muirhall Road, Perth to the list of institutions specified in regulation 2(2)(a) of those Regulations (regulation 2).
3. At its 19th meeting 2012, held on 12 June, the Health and Sport Committee considered the Regulations.
4. The Committee noted that the Subordinate Legislation Committee had not made any comments on the instrument.
5. The Committee took evidence on the instrument from the Minister for Public Health.
6. The Minister moved motion S4M-03154—
That the Health and Sport Committee recommends that the Mental Health (Safety and Security) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2012 [draft] be approved.
7. The motion was agreed to.
Back to top