The correspondence below relates to 2018 and 2019. For correspondence from 2016 and 2017, please see the following link: CTEER Correspondence, 2016/17.
Broadcasting and Media
BBC Annual Report and Accounts
The Committee wrote to the BBC following the the evidence session on 7 November 2019.
Channel 4's Headquarters
Relevant correspondence with Ofcom will be published here:
Following the evidence session on 28 June 2018, the Committee wrote to the following:
Read the UK Government's response here:
Margot James MP, Minister for Digital and the Creative Industries, 11 September 2018 (88KB pdf)
STV Chief Executive Simon Pitts wrote to the Committee with an update ahead of the evidence session on Thursday 28 June 2018. Read the letter:
STV Chair Margaret Ford wrote to the Committee in response to a request for the broadcaster to give evidence at a Committee meeting. Read the letter:
The Committee wrote to STV to request follow up information on its future strategy. Read the letter and response:
Pre-Budget Scrutiny 2020/21
Ahead of the forthcoming 2020/21 Scottish Government's Budget, the Committee took evidence from the Cabinet Secretary for Culture, Tourism and External Affairs on 26 September 2019. Relevant correspondence will be published here.
Pre-Budget Scrutiny 2019/20
Ahead of the forthcoming 2019/20 Scottish Government's Budget, the Committee wrote to the Cabinet Secretary for Culture, Tourism and External Affairs. Read the correspondence:
Budget Scrutiny 2019/20
The Committee received correspondence with information that the Cabinet Secretary agreed to provide when she gave oral evidence to the Committee on Thursday 10 January 2019:
Scottish Government's Draft National Outcomes
Following its consideration of the Census (Amendment) (Scotland) Bill, the Committee will be considering a Census Order for the 2021 Census in due course. Relevant correspondence will be published here.
Correspondence between the Committee and the Scottish Government/the National Records of Scotland:
- Letter from Sikhs in Scotland, dated 10 July 2019 (184KB pdf)
- Letter from LGBTI organisations, dated 10 September 2019 (157KB pdf)
- Letter from Susan Sinclair, dated 10 September 2019 (66KB pdf)
- Letter from Dr Kath Murray and Lucy Hunter Blackburn, dated 11 September 2019 (151KB pdf)
- Letter from Murray Blackburn Mackenzie, dated 11 September 2019 (81KB pdf)
- Letter from Social Science researchers, dated 11 September 2019 (98KB pdf)
- Letter from Dr Kevin Guyan on behalf of individual researchers, academics, practitioners and data users, dated 20 September 2019 (100KB pdf)
- Letter from forwomen.scot, dated 27 September 2019 (63KB pdf)
- Letter from LGBTI organisations, dated 1 October 2019 (128KB pdf)
- Letter from the Office for Statistics Regulation, dated 4 October 2019 (77KB pdf)
- Letter from Murray Blackburn Mackenzie, dated 7 October 2019 (71KB pdf)
Creative Scotland responded to issues raised by Members at 1 November 2018 Meeting.
The Committee wrote to Creative Scotland following their evidence session on 2 May 2019.
Creative Scotland wrote to update the Committee on the funding review on 28 August 2019.
The Scottish Government produces bi-annual updates for the Committee’s consideration on a range of EU issues. The updates, and associated correspondence, can be found below:
- Letter and accompanying reports on Implementation of EU Legislations, Horizon 2020, European Structural Funds and the Language 1+2 Policy, December 2018 (5.5MB pdf)
- Letter to Minister for Europe, Migration and International Development dated 29 Jan 2019 (99KB pdf)
- Response from Minister for Europe, Migration and International Development dated 1 March 2019 (330KB pdf)
- Letter and accompanying reports on Language 1+2 Policy, Implementation of EU Legislation, Horizon 2020 and European Structural Funds, June 2019 (13.5MB pdf)
- Letter from the Minister for Europe, Migration and International Development on bi-annual reports on Horizon 2020, European Structural Funds, 1 + 2 Language Policy dated 30 August 2019 (453KB pdf)
European Structural Funds
Glasgow School of Art
The Clerk wrote to Kier Construction on 14 December 2018:
The Convener wrote to the Minister for Community Safety on 4 November 2019:
Legacy of Slavery in Scotland
Correspondence between the Convener and Historic Environment Scotland regarding the legacy of slavery in Scotland.
Legislative Consent Memoranda
Transient Visitor Levy
UK Hospitality and the Scottish Tourism Alliance wrote to the Committee on the transient visitor levy in advance of the meeting on 13 September 2018:
UK's Withdrawal from the EU
The Committee wrote to the Secretary of State, Rt Hon Damian Hinds MP, regarding the Erasmus+ programme.
European (Withdrawal) Bill
Parliamentary Scrutiny of New Powers
The Committee received correspondence from the Convener of the Finance and Constitution Committee, on a co-ordinated approach to developing the Scottish Parliament’s scrutiny role in relation to the new powers arising from the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.
Scottish Government's Paper - "Scotland's Place in Europe: People, Jobs and Investment"
Sectoral Analysis Reports on the UK’s Withdrawal from the EU
The Convener wrote to the Sectary of State for Scotland in realtion to the EU Exit Analysis which was provided to the HoC Exiting the EU Committee and the HoL EU Select Committee on 16 February 2018:
Read the response:
Shared Prosperity Fund
UK-EU Interinstitutional Relations Post-Brexit
Strategic review of Irish-Scottish relations
UK Seafood Trade Modelling Report
UK Withdrawal from the European Union (Legal Continuity) (Scotland) Bill