Days when the Office of the Clerk is open
When the Office of the Clerk is open, these days are defined as ‘counting days’.
- in determining timeframes for answers to be given to written parliamentary questions
- the minimum time between stages of Bills
- the lodging of amendments to Bills
- and in relation to the management of Members’ and Committee Bills.
Motions, amendments and questions may be lodged and Bills introduced on days when the Office of the Clerk is open.
The Parliament has agreed that, between 31 January 2020 and 31 January 2021, the Office of the Clerk will be open on all days except:
- Saturdays and Sundays
- 10 and 13 April 2020
- 8 May 2020
- 22 and 25 May 2020
- 18 September 2020
- 27 November 2020
- 24 December (pm), 25 December, 28 December 2020
- 29. 30 and 31 December 2020
- 1 and 4 January 2021
Recess is a period when the Parliament is not sitting but not dissolved.
Find out more