Motions, Questions and Answers Search


Motions, Questions and Answers Search Help


To ask the Scottish Government, in light of the cost of travelling between the island and the mainland, what its position is on Argyll and Bute Council's reported failure to provide appropriate residential care for (a) older and (b) disabled people on Bute.

Answered by Jamie Hepburn (21/10/2015):

The Scottish Government has overall responsibility for health and community care policy in Scotland. It is however for local authorities to determine the level of services that are required to meet local care needs and to arrange an appropriate range of services to meet individual care needs.

We are working with NHS boards, local authorities, and other stakeholders to drive up quality in the community to ensure appropriate social care provision is available when required.

Current Status: Answered by Jamie Hepburn on 21/10/2015
This website is using cookies.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website.