Purpose of the group
- To create a platform with key stakeholders, to discuss how football (and community football clubs) can help support the population being more active, linked to the overall National Active Framework.
- To highlight and promote the ‘Value of Football’ and how local communities using the Scottish FA/UEFA SROI work to help influence Government Policy.
- Affordability – To debate and make recommendations on the issues of affordability for local community clubs accessing facilities.
- Accessibility (Community) – To debate and make recommendations on the issues facing local community clubs in relation to the accessibility of local facilities (for example, Schools lets, Community Asset Transfer).
- Accessibility (National) – To debate the accessibility of all Scottish football stadiums, highlighting best practice and make any suitable recommendations.
- To create, a platform that highlights best practice in Scottish Football, which will enable the game to be driven forward at a national, grassroots and community level.
Non MSP Individuals
Sheena McCulloch – Parliamentary Assistant to Richard Lyle MSP - secretariat
Allan Stubbs – Parliamentary Assistant to Fulton MacGregor MSP
Edward Corson – Parliamentary Assistant to Richard Lyle MSP
Sean McLaughlin – Parliamentary Assistant to Christina McKelvie MSP
Lee-Anne Menzies – Parliamentary Assistant to Ash Denham MSP
Scottish Football Association
Scottish Professional Football League
Scottish Women’s Football
Scottish Disabled Supporters’ Association
Scottish Football Supporters’ Association
Professional Footballers’ Association
Cross Party Groups and GDPR
Please note that some Cross-Party Groups have external organisations that provide secretariat support to the Group. These organisations manage your information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements. The links to the privacy policies, of the organisations that have proved them to the Scottish Parliament are available on our website.