Purpose of the group
1. Seek to raise the awareness of ongoing issues affecting patients with Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Conditions throughout Scotland:
to include access to services, conditions affecting children, pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, relevant guidelines or an identified lack of guidance.
2. It will:
- aim to identify barriers to change and improvement - and the measures required to overcome those.
- liaise with appropriate agencies, academics and parliamentarians to consider and agree appropriate measures with a view to improvement of provision of health care and promotion of the health of people with arthritis and other musculo skeletal conditions
- influence policy decisions of the Scottish Government, local authorities and other appropriate agencies to ensure that adequate levels of resources are deployed to address chief issues.
- liaise with representatives from NHS Health Boards, Universities and other organisations as appropriate with regards to current relevant research,audit and reports
- develop links with appropriate officials, within UK Government on an as and when required basis.
Wednesday 11 September 2019 6pm, this meeting will include the AGM
Wednesday 6 November 2019 6pm
Next meeting: 15 May 2019
This meeting will be held at 6pm.
Non MSP Individuals
Anne Simpson – secretariat
Professor Colin Howie
Andrea Hynes- Whalley
Dr Rosemary Hollick
Professor Ian MacKinnes
Dr Elizabeth Murphy
Dr Ruth Richmond
Dr Stefan Siebert
Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry Scotland
British Rheumatology Society
Community Pharmacy Scotland
Chartered Society of Physiotherapists Scotland
Glasgow Caledonian University/Rehabilitation/Musculoskeletal Health
College of Occupational Therapy Rheumatology Special Interest Group
Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society
National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society
National Osteoporosis Society
Polymyalgia Rheumatic/Giant Cell Arteritis Scotland
Queen Margaret University , Edinburgh /Nursing Division
Scottish Network for Arthritis in Children
Scottish Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology Network
Scottish Society of Rheumatology
Cross Party Groups and GDPR
Please note that some Cross-Party Groups have external organisations that provide secretariat support to the Group. These organisations manage your information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements. The links to the privacy policies, of the organisations that have proved them to the Scottish Parliament are available on our website.