Reimbursement of Expenses
1. If you have to travel on official business, you will be reimbursed for the cost of any travel and expenses which you actually and necessarily incur. You will also be reimbursed for any necessary expenditure incurred by you if you have to stay away from home overnight, up to the limit set out below.
Expenses type and amount (From 1 April 2018)
Overnight (Greater London, Brussels, Strasbourg)
Overnight (UK excluding Geater London)
- £0.45p per mile for first 10,000 miles and £0.25p per mile thereafter
2. Any claims for reimbursement of travelling expenses must be accompanied by a receipt and submitted to The Allowances Office. You will find the appropriate forms for making such claims on the Allowances pages.
3. If you claim Motor Mileage or Motor Cycle Mileage, you must ensure that you are insured for business travel.
4. If you are required to travel abroad on official business, you should contact the Allowances Office to find out what you will be entitled to claim. Your entitlement will be based on actual, receipted expenditure, plus the equivalent of £5 per day for incidentals.
5. If you have any enquiries about the reimbursement of expenses, you should contact the Allowances Office. This policy forms part of your contract of employment.