Reporting a Complaint

Reporting to Police

If you’re being harassed and you feel you're in danger you should contact the police on 999.  For non-emergencies call 101.  You can contact them directly at or contact your local community team. There is a specific form available for reporting stalking.

If you work within the Scottish Parliament building, there is a dedicated Police Unit that you can contact directly to report a crime or incident in the strictest confidence. You can make contact either by phoning 0131 348 5126 or emailing

Reporting to Officials



Image of outside front entrance of the Parliament building

Dignity at Work

SPCB's Dignity at Work Policy to deal with harassment, bullying, discrimination and victimisation.

The Code of Conduct being viewed on a tablet

Code of Conduct for MSPs

The Code of Conduct provides a set of principles and standards for Members of the Scottish Parliament.

How to make a complaint text


How to make a complaint and how this is handled by the Scottish Parliament


The How-to-Guide (MSP Staff Handbook)

Guide for staff employed by MSPs, including information about raising concerns or complaints.

This website is using cookies.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website.