Who's who in the Scottish Parliament
What's the difference between the First Minister and the Presiding Officer? What are the SPCB and the Bureau? Find out about the people and groups involved in the Parliament and what they do.
- Audit Advisory Board
- Chief Executive
- Deputy Presiding Officers
- First Minister
- Leadership Group
- Parliamentary Bureau
- Presiding Officer
- Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body
First Minister (FM)
Nicola Sturgeon MSP is the elected FM, leader of the Scottish Government.
The Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government are separate organisations.
- decides the priorities of the Scottish Government
- promotes and represents Scotland at home and overseas
- chooses (with the approval of the Parliament) cabinet secretaries and other ministers
- chairs the Scottish Cabinet
- nominates for appointment the Lord Advocate, Solicitor General and judges