The Scottish Parliament is usually open to visitors Monday to Saturday. The exceptions are the Christmas period and February recess when the building will be closed to the public.
Monday, Friday, Saturday and on Public Holidays
10.00 to 5.00 (last entry 4.30)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
09.00 to 6.30 (last entry 6.00)
When Parliament is in recess (excluding February recess and the Christmas period when the building will be closed to the public) the building will be open 10.00 to 5.00 (last entry 4.30) on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Recess dates are below.
The Parliament has agreed the following parliamentary recess dates in 2018:
- 10 to 18 February 2018 (inclusive)
- 31 March to 15 April 2018 (inclusive)
- 30 June to 2 September 2018 (inclusive)
- 6 to 21 October 2018 (inclusive)
- 22 December 2018 to 6 January 2019 (inclusive)
- Exclusive gifts
- Official Scottish Parliament Tartan
- Scottish crafts
- Informal Café atmosphere
- Accessible facilities
Alterations to Opening Times
Opening hours, guided tours, availability of exhibitions and access to certain parts of the building may be altered at short notice due to Parliamentary business.