Recess is a period when the Parliament is not sitting.
The Parliament has agreed the following parliamentary recess dates in 2017:
- 11 to 19 February 2017 (inclusive)
- 1 to 16 April 2017 (inclusive)
- 1 July to 3 September 2017 (inclusive)
- 7 to 22 October 2017 (inclusive)
- 23 December 2017 to 7 January 2018 (inclusive)
Office of the Clerk dates
When the Office of the Clerk is open, these days are defined as ‘counting days’.
Motions, amendments and questions may be lodged and Bills introduced on days when the Office of the Clerk is open.
Find out more