Recess is a period when the Parliament is not sitting.
The Parliament has agreed the following parliamentary recess dates in 2018:
- 10 to 18 February 2018 (inclusive)
- 31 March to 15 April 2018 (inclusive)
- 30 June to 2 September 2018 (inclusive)
- 6 to 21 October 2018 (inclusive)
- 22 December 2018 to 6 January 2019 (inclusive)
Office of the Clerk dates
When the Office of the Clerk is open, these days are defined as ‘counting days’.
Motions, amendments and questions may be lodged and Bills introduced on days when the Office of the Clerk is open.
Find out more