About The Committee
Next Equalities and Human Rights Committee Meeting
Date: 23rd Meeting, Thursday 20 September 2018
Location: Robert Burns Room (CR1)
1. Age of Criminal Responsibility (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the Bill at Stage 1 from—
- Detective Chief Superintendent Lesley Boal, Head of Public Protection, and Sergeant James Devoy, Children and Young People Business Area, Police Scotland;
- Juliet Harris, Director, Together - Scottish Alliance for Children's Rights;
- Kate Rocks, Chief Social Work Officer at East Renfrewshire Council, Social Work Scotland;
and then from—
- Andrew Alexander, Head of Policy, Law Society of Scotland;
- Shaben Begum, Director, Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance;
- Nicola Fraser, Operations Manager, Victim Support Scotland.
2. Age of Criminal Responsibility (Scotland) Bill (in private): The Committee will consider the evidence received.
The Official Report of this meeting is due for publication by 6 pm on Friday 21 September 2018.