Organisations and individuals are invited to submit written views to the Committee in relation to the inquiry remit. Those submitting views should feel free to address the issues in whatever manner they prefer, but it would be appreciated if they could attempt to address the questions set out below—
Do you support the Bill?
- Do you think the Bill (if enacted) would achieve its aim of increasing the number of organs and tissue made available for transplantation in Scotland? Please provide an explanation for your answer.
- Do you support the proposal of appointing a proxy? Please provide an explanation for your answer
- Do you have any comments on the role of “authorised investigating persons” as provided for in the Bill?
- Is there anything in the Bill you would change? If yes, please provide more details.
How to submit your evidence
Before making a submission, please read our
Policy on Treatment of Written Evidence by Subject and Mandatory Committees
Please send your views on the Bill by no later than 12 October.
Responses should be sent, wherever possible, electronically and preferably in MS Word format to:
Hard copy responses may be sent to:
Health and Sport Committee, T3.60, Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh EH99 1SP
Ideally, responses should be no more than 1,500 words in length.
All written evidence received may be published by the Parliament and will be treated as a public document. If you wish to submit evidence in confidence or anonymously please read the policy at the link above or contact Jane Williams, details below.
What happens next?
The Committee will be taking oral evidence later in the year. Selection of witnesses will be informed by the written evidence received.
Should you require alternative formats of this information or further assistance in making a written submission to the Committee, please do not hesitate to contact the clerking team of the Committee.
- For Committee information, contact: Jane Williams on 0131 348 5210
- For further information, the media contact is: Kirsty Rimmer
- For public information enquiries, contact: 0131 348 5000
- For general enquiries, contact: 0845 278 1999 (local call rate), email: firstname.lastname@example.org