About the Inquiry
In May 2018, the Committee held a short inquiry into the Scottish Welfare Fund. It investigated whether the fund is operating satisfactorily and if the current level of funding is adequate. The Committee took evidence from third sector organisations, local authorities and the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.
The Committee held oral evidence sessions on 17 and 24 May 2018.
On 17 May, the Committee took evidence from third sector organisations and local authorities -
- John Dickie, Director, Child Poverty Action Group in Scotland;
- Jules Oldham, Head of Policy and Operations, Homeless Action Scotland;
- Elodie Mignard, Refugee Integration Services Manager, Scottish Refugee Council;
- Bill Scott, Director of Policy, Inclusion Scotland;
- Morag Johnston, Director of Financial and Business Services, Glasgow City Council;
- Craig Mason, Senior Manager, Council Advice Services, Dundee City Council;
- Sheila McKandie, Benefits & Welfare Manager, Highland Council.
On 24 May, the Committee took evidence from the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman -
Rosemary Agnew, Scottish Public Services Ombudsman;
Niki Maclean, Director;
John Stevenson, Head of Improvement, Standards and Engagement;
Alison Jack, Scottish Welfare Fund Review Team Manager.
Written evidence received
Read the meeting papers and Official Reports