At its meeting on 17 January 2018, the Committee agreed to consider 'post legislative scrutiny'. This will allow the Committee to look back and investiagte whether established pieces of legislation within its remit are working effectively for the people of Scotland.
The Committee launched a call for views on 2 February 2018, welcoming suggestions for Acts which would benefit from an assessment to see if they are delivering their stated policy intentions. These Acts must have been passed in parliaentary sessions 1 - 3 and fall under the Committee's current remit.
The Committee would like to invite your views on:
- Sea Fisheries (Shellfish) Amendment (Scotland) Act 2000
- Transport (Scotland) Act 2001
- Agricultural Holdings (Scotland) Act 2003
- Salmon and Freshwater Fisheries (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act 2003
- Transport (Scotland) Act 2005
- Aquaculture and Fisheries (Scotland) Act 2007
- Crofting Reform etc Act 200
- Transport and Works (Scotland) Act 2007
- Abolition of Bridge Tolls (Scotland) Act 2008
- Crofting Reform (Scotland) Act 2010
- Marine (Scotland) Bill 2010
Further information on each Act is available as an Annex in the call for evidence.
The deadline for submissions was Monday 30 April.
Following the deadline the Committee will reflect on the information it has received. It will use the agreed criteria set out in the call for views to guide its selection of the Acts suggested for scrutiny.
Read the written submissions received.