About the Evidence Session
Following the announcement from Bield Housing Association that they are withdrawing from the residential care sector, the Committee has agreed to carry out a one-off evidence session on care home sustainability.
Prior to this session taking place, the Committee has issued a short targeted call for views with the following questions:
- What impact does the recent announcement of the closer of 12 residential care homes have on your area?
- Are there concerns regarding the sustainability of residential service provision (in your area)? and if so, how could they be addressed?
The oral evidence session took place on Tuesday 12 December. The following organisations gave evidence:
- CCPS - Coalition of Care and Support Providers in Scotland
- Scottish Care
- Care Inspectorate
- Scottish Federation of Housing Associations
- Lothian Integration Joint Board
- Fife Integration Joint Board
The following written submissions were received: