For details about the latest petitions, how to create your own petition, and other information about how to get involved, please visit the Public Petitions website.
Expected Meeting Schedule
Public Petitions Committee meetings are held on Thursday mornings, usually on a fortnightly basis, and the formal agenda is published on the Committee’s webpage on the preceding Monday.
On the agenda, petitions will be referred to as “new” or “continued”.
- “New” petitions are those that are being formally considered by the Committee for the first time at a Committee meeting.
- “Continued” petitions are those that the Committee has previously considered.
The Committee may decide that, after previous consideration, it wishes to hear evidence from the Scottish Government or other organisations. The Committee can also invite stakeholders, organisations or individuals to provide written submissions. Petitioners always have the opportunity to respond to any written submissions. This creates a “cycle” to the Committee’s consideration of a particular petition, ranging from 8 to 12 weeks, to ensure that it has sufficient evidence to inform its further consideration.
The petitions below are expected to be considered at the next two Committee meetings. Where possible, an indication is given of whether oral evidence may be heard on any petition(s).
Thursday 27 April
- PE1643: Introduce individual risk-based blood donation in Scotland
- PE1638: Local Housing Allowance (Bedroom Tax 2)
- PE1641: Future Independence Referendum
: Group B Strep information and testing
- PE1618: More powers to the police to combat motorcycle theft
- PE1621: Sepsis Awareness, Diagnosis and Treatment
- PE1623: Unelected church appointees on Local Authority Education Committees
- PE1626: Regulation of Bus Services
- PE1629: MRI scans for Ocular Melanoma sufferers in Scotland
- PE1630: Nursery funding for 3 year olds
Thursday 11 May
- PE1640: Action against irresponsible dog breeding (Eileen Bryant)
- PE1642: Sale and marketing of energy drinks to under sixteens
- PE1644: Country sports tourism funding
- PE1645: Review of legal aid in Scotland
- PE1545: Residential care provision for the severely learning disabled
- PE1595: Moratorium on shared space schemes
- PE1631: Child Welfare Hearings
- PE1600: Speed awareness courses
- PE1604: Inquests for all deaths by suicide in Scotland
- PE1619: Diabetes Continuous Glucose Monitoring Sensors
- PE1632: Concessionary transport for carers
- PE1548: National guidance on restraint and seclusion in schools