Register as a potential Committee Adviser

Individuals or organisations with expertise in any of the devolved areas covered by the Parliament or in research can register as a potential adviser to the Scottish Parliament’s Committees and/or as a potential external research consultant.

Advisers are external experts who assist the Parliament’s Committees in the course of their inquiries.

External research consultants are commissioned to carry out specific research for the Parliament’s Committees.

Online registration form for advisers and researchers

Your details will be held by the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body solely for use in selecting Committee advisers and external research consultants.

Should you wish your name to be removed from the register at any point please email SPICe, at

If you would prefer a hard copy of the form, or have any queries please contact SPICe on 0131 348 5300.

Registration form