The Justice Committee met on 23 October 2012 to take evidence on the Scottish Government’s Draft Budget 2013-14. Witnesses included:
- Chief Constable Stephen House, Police Service of Scotland;
- Chief Constable Kevin Smith, President, and Doug Cross, Chair, Finance Management Business Area, Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland;
- Chief Superintendent David O’Connor, President, Association of Scottish Police Superintendents;
- Calum Steele, General Secretary, Scottish Police Federation;
- Dave Watson, Scottish Organiser (Bargaining and Campaigns), Unison Scotland;
- Allan Macleod, Director of Finance and Resources, Strathclyde Police, and
- Vic Emery, Chair, Scottish Police Authority.